Monday, October 1, 2012

Time to say goodbye... :(

This week was the last week before the spring hollidays and because two of the german girls are leaving in the hollidays the whole week was in the bad mood of saying goodby. :(
On Monday we had a international student dinner in a little restaurant because the when international students are leaving they can choose what they want to do for their farewell. The meals were really 'yum' (you say that if something is very delicious) and the atmosphere was also really good. :)

Our table at the restaurant 

Wednesday at 9:30 am everybody in New Zealand had to go under a table. :) Why? Because it was a test alarm for earthquakes. At 9:30am the school bell rang and the lesson stopped. Than the teacher said 'Stop, drop & hold!'. That means that you have to STOP what you are doing, next you have to DROP under a table or something similar and at least you have to HOLD until the earthquake is over. Everybody in New Zealand knows these 3 magic words because they have earthquakes very often.
In the afternoon we had outdoor education where we went to a swimming pool and had a kanu lesson. That was quite difficult but also very funny. In the end we had to turn over, I was really afraid of that but now I'm proud that I did it. :)  


me in the kanu :) 

On thusday was Teresa's and Christina's official farewell infront of the whole school. They got a nice teddybear of our school and a certificate. We all were really upsad about teir leaving but luckily we spend a nice last friday tougether. We went to the beach tougether and had lunch and after that we just realaxed in the sun and ate some selfmade brownies.  :P
I spend the weekend with Sophie watching movies, doing nothing and having fun. :)
Now I'm really looking forward to my north island tour which starts on tuesday! :) Hope it will be nice and I will enjoy it. :) When I'm back I'll have many, many... things to write about!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment