Sunday, November 11, 2012

study leave :)

Hey Guys!
And again one week is over...:/ and I'm really not sure if that is a good thing or a bad one. On the one hand I'm really looking forward to go home and see my friends and family again but on the other hand I don't wanna leave NZ because everyone and everything is soo nice here and I'm really enjoying my time!!! :)
Well, this week we finished school on wednesday, because all the Kiwi girls are writing their exams in a few days and they have study leave before that. It means that we don't have any school anymore to prepare for the exams. But because the international students don't have to sit the exams, Maggie, our international teacher has organized a programm what we will do during the time the exams are on.
But back to the beginning of the week when we stil had 'school'. Monday was a normal school with nothing special happening. On tuesday we had 'parties' the whole day. :) Not parties like what we call a party in germany...when you say 'let's have a party in class!' then that means everybody brings something to eat (ex. cookies or chrisps...) in class and you eat it during the lesson. They usualy have it at the end of the year to have a nice time before the hard study begins. So you maybe can imagine how full I was at the end of tuesday, after I had parties in every subject...:P
As I allready said on wednesday was our last day at school. In the morning we had normal class and at lunch time we had a big barbecue. :) Then suddenly all the year 12 students started to sign on each others shirts and we all were wondering why they were doing that. But then we were explained that they do it because it's the end of year 12 and in year 13 they don't have to wear school uniform animore. As a memory they sign their shirts.

me with my signed shirt :) 

On thursday we had our first day of the programm and went to Orokanui, which is a resort, where they try to get the nature back to how it was before europeans came to New Zealand. It was really interresting to see all the plants and birds. Later we went on to Port Chalmers where we had a nice walk around in a little garden full of blooming flowers and later we went to the sea to see some seals. :)

new silver fern

area of Orokanui 

in the beautiful garden 

Chiharu & I 

old, unused harbor 

really cute seal :) 

Friday we went to the Settlers museum where we learned a lot about the first settlers who came from Scottland here to Dunedin. We were shown how Dunedin looked in 1848 when they arrived and how it developed until now. But it wasn't borring like you might think now because we also were able to dress up and act like women and men in the 19th century. That was really fun and everyone enjoyed this day in the museum.

my acting group :) 

Sophie, Moe, Karla, Chiara, An, Chiharu & I 

me in my 'beautiful' dress :) 

My weekend also was very nice. :) On saturday I met up with Chiara and her two hostsisters and we went to Tunnel beach together.  It's named like this cause there is a tunnel through which you have to go to get to the beach. A 'old' legend says that a father built this tunnel for his kids for them to be able to get to the beach. That was really beautiful and we spent the whole day at the beach. :) The only thing that sucked was getting up the really steep path back to the road...:S

very cool landscape 

the tunnel 

the beach 

hole in the rock 

On sunday I met Chiharu a Japaneese girl who lives next to me and we just chilled out and had a nice sunday together. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment