Sunday, November 18, 2012

weeks passing by...

This week was a pretty busy week... :)
On monday a model agent and make-up artist came to school and showed us how to put on make-up and style our hair. When everybody was styled and made up we had a small photoshooting where everyone got some lovley photos. :)

the whole group 


two of the pictures we took :) 


The next day we had our international farewell that means that all the hostparents come and the international student performe somthing, hold a speech or do a reflection about their time they have had here.  Over the last two weeks Chiara and I designed the programm and we all practiced for whatever we were performing on this evening.  So everybody was pretty excited but also a little bit nervous about the fact that we had to talk in english infont of an audience of at least 100 people. Karla, Sophie, Chiara, Jess, Maxine and me were doing a reflection about our time here with many pictures and some funny stories to these pictures. Luckily everything went fine and we all were very happy to finaly recive our St. Hilda's teddy bear and the certificate. :) It was really a very nice evening.
Wednesday we were taken to Omaru and Moeraki. Omaru is an old little town with some really nice buildings which were build in the time of the gold rush. We also watch a short film about the gold rush and how fast it came and went over again. In the afternoon we went on to the beach of Moeraki to see the famous ''Moeraki boulders''. These are circular stones who were formed like tis by the ocean and only exist on this particular beach. It was really amazing to see them and we took many, many pictures with them.

me, riding an very old bike :) 

on one of the boulders 


the boulders 

...more boulders 

a seal at the beach :) 

The following day we did a boat tour in the harbour of Dunedin where we saw many animales... f.e. Albertross, sealions and two dolphins which was really amazing. Unfortunately I didn't feel very well that day and when I got home after the tour I realized that I had fever and soo I went straight to bed and slept 2h or 3h. In the evening my hostmother took me to the doctor because I felt really bad. :(

on the boat

a seelion 

the beautiful cliffs at the entrance of the harbour 

On friday when I woke up I already felt much better and didn't have any fever anymore but I still stayed at home for the day to completly recover again. :)
On saturday Sophie, Alina ( a girl from christchurch who we met on our north island tour) and I went to a concert in a church which was a little bit borring but in the end I actually enjoyed it. After that I slept at Sophie's cause my hostparents were invited to a wedding. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment