Thursday, December 6, 2012

Kia Ora!!! On my way to be a real Maori :)

Hey guys!
Finally my last week post! ...I'm sorry I haven't posted earlyer.. :/ but in the last two weeks I was just soo busy with all the stuff we did at school and I just don't know where the time has gone...
We had Maori week at school this week which means that we learned some maori words and how to present yourself. For example:
Kia Ora katao. Ko St Hilda's tuko koura. Ko Celine ahou. No reira. Tena kotu, tena kotu, tena kotu katao.
This is how you tell everyone who you are. :)
On tuesday afternoon we also had a photography lesson where we took photos in pairs. Every german with one of the Japaneese girls. That was really fun cause I was with Chiharu and we took lots of very cool photos. :)
taking pictures :) 

Chiharu and I :* 

The group! (Kie, Maxine, I, Sophie, Ella, Chiharu, Honoka and An) 

In the follwoing days we went to the central Otago museum where we learned alot about how Moaris lived in preeuropean times and we also went to a Marae about halfe an hour out of Dunedin to see how maoris live today and to do some workshops on Maori culture. For example how to do baskets out of fern or what kind of instruments they used/ use.
Friday was a really sad day. It was Chiharu's and An's last day in Dunedin so Ella, An Chiharu and I went to town for lunch and enjoyed tha last day together. Later I went to Chiharu's house to write on her New Zealand flag. :) She wanted me to try her uniform from Japan on and I have to say I looked really funny. :D haha. Sometimes I'm really happy, that we don't have any school uniform in Germany but I think I'm also going to miss the uniform. Because it's just so easy every morning, you don't have to worry about what to wear and you can sleep longer cause everything goes much faster. :)

Chiharu's uniform!

By the time I came back home from Chiharu, Sue was already home and she told me that she had a surprise for me...:) She gave me my x-mas calendar!!! It is soo cool! because it's not one like we have in Germany..no! It has got santa at the beach with a surfboard and a BBQ on it! Isn't that amazing?

christmas calendar! 

On Saturday I just packed my things for the Railtrail which is an old 160km long  railway line we are going to cicle by bike...will see how it goes. :)
Love and miss you all!!! See you soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment