Sunday, December 23, 2012

Last whole week in NZ :(

Hey everyone!
Oh my gosh...can you believe it? This week was my last full week at the most beautiful end of the world...My time has gone soo fast...I just can't discribe how I feel right now. On the one hand I'm really looking forward to see my family and friends back in Germany but on the other hand I just don't wanna leave  all my friends and hostfamily behinde. It just feels wiered that it's comming to an end now. :/
Now back to what I actually wanted to tell you...about what I did this week!
On monday I went to Dunedin's main museum because they have a butterfly exhibition in there right now. It was actually really cool cause the butterflys really came to you and sat on your hands shoulder or where ever they wanted to. :) Some of them were absolutely beautiful and it was just so amazing to see all the different typs of butterflys and stuff. :)  

beautiful blue one! 

sitting on my hand ;) 

I spent the whole tuesday in town buying christmas presents and souveniers for family and friends in Germany to take home...:) I the morning Sophie and Jess had left cause they were flying home. So now I'm the only one from Cologne left here in Dunendin spending my xmas with my hostfamily, which I'm really lokking forward to!
On Thursday Kirsty and Heidi took me to Invercargil, cause Heidi had a meeting with her work there. So Kirst and I went christmas shopping again to get the last presents she needed to buy. Later we drove up to a good friend of Kirsty where we just relaxed outside in the sun and had a nice afternoon until Heidi came back and we went back to Dunedin.:)
This friday I met up with Sophie D. & Louise (from my north island tour) in town. We first went to the Otago settlers museum because it just reopened a few days ago after a big renovating. It's about the history of the first settlers who arrived here  and how Dunedin and its people developed since then. So we spent the whole morning in there, had lunch after that and went to the Dunedin chineese gardens in the afternoon. This is quite a big area in town where chineese settlers who came here during the gold rush built a tipical chineese garden to have something that reminded them of there country. These gardens are absolutely bautiful and a really quiet place in the middle of the loud and buissy town. :)

Sophie and I (+ the wee girl in the background)  in the Otago settlers museum

Louise + me + Sophie 

beautiful chineese gardens <3 

On saturday I met Sophie D. again to go to Moana pool together which is  the main swimming pool here in Dunedin. So we had a pretty relaxed day and enjoyed swimming some lines and then just chilling out in the warm water pool. :P In the evening Sue, Kirsty and Heidi took me to see the christmas lights. They are hoses which are decorated aith hundreds and thousends of lights. :)


two of the houses :) 

Yesterday, as a part of my christmas present I'm getting from my host mum, Sue took me to her nail designer an I got my nails done. That included a manicure and a nail paint with some kiwi designes on it. So I have now a kiwi and a silverfern on my nails. :) Sue also got her nails done with many different xmas designes on them. :) Unfortunately I had to sart packing in the afternoon which mad me feel really, really sad. :( So now I have got my first suitcase packend and only have the other one left.

Sue's nails

my silverfern! 

See you very very soon! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment