Sunday, December 16, 2012

Land of the Hobbits!

Hey everyone!
Hollidays are really a very nice thing!!! Especilly if it's warm outside and you can just enjoy the summer ( I haven't had in germany)!...
On monday Sophie and I met Louise (one girl from our tour) in town to catch up with her cause she usualy lifs down in Invercargill. We met up for a cofee at abpout 10am in town and spent the whole morning together. Later Louise had to go to an appointment so Sophie and I caught the bus to Sophie and I helped her to start packing...cause she is leaving on tuesday.  :(  Her hostmum invited me to stay for dinner and then at about 9pm Sue picked me up and took me home.
This tuesday I got up quite early in the morning, caught the bus to town and met up with Maxine and Sophie infront of the cinema to watch the latest James Bond- Skyfall. That was really fun and we all really enjoyed it! When we came out of the cinema Maxine's father was wating there to pick her up.It was really emotional because they haven't seen each other for 6 month. :) I have to say I was nearly crying because it was just sooo cute! So they went for a coffe and I met up with Kirsty (hostsister) in town to go shopping. :)
On wednesday Sophie came down here to St. Kilda and we both went to the beach together, because it was probably the last time she could go to the beach here. :) ...

at St Clair beach 

me...jumping around :P 

Sophie! <3 

 We came back to my house for lunch and later went to town, where we met with the other Sophie from our north island tour and a friend of hers to go to the cinema again and watch the Hobbit!!! That is an absolutly amazing movie!...and for us it was just really nice to see because it was turned in New Zealand and we have been to some of the locations where it was filmed. Soo we all enjoyed it soo far but I think it was a wee bit to dark and to much fighting. :)

Gandalf + I 

popcorn and 3D galsses! FUN

On thursday I mostly just hung out at home, tidied up my room and sorted out what I can leave here if my suitcase will be to heavy. In the evening I went to Karla's house, where we had a BBQ for her, cause she left on saturday. I really enjoyed it and fortunately we had really good weather so that we were able to sit outside.
This weekend I was home the whole time, helping my hostfather in the garden, going to do the last christmas shopping with my hotsmum and just enjoying the beautiful sun and warm weather.
On sunday Kirsty and Heidi took me to Brighton beach to put our feet in COLD water (even if its really hot outside, the water temperature is always really cold because the water is comming from the south pole). It was really refreching and we all really enjoyed the hot summer day! We had up to 26°C!!!

brighton beach!

Finally the Summer has arrived!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment